Reading Notes Chapter 7: Creating News Features and Op-Ed from Comm 4333
22/10/2010 § Leave a comment
There are two types of soft news media tools- news features and op-ed.
A feature Story can provide background information on the topic covered in the feature, whether it be a profile on a person or company or an event.
Feature stories can:
- Provide more information to the consumer
- Give background and context about organisations
- Provide behind-the scenes perspective
- Give a human dimension to situations and events
- Generate publicity for standard products and services
There are several types of Features:
- Case Study
- Application Story
- Research Study
- personality profile
- historical profile
Op-ed: means “opposite the editorial page.” Op-ed presenst a variety of views on current news events, governmental policies, pending legislation, and social issues.