TOW 13: What Drives Journalists/PR Practitioners Crazy?
17/11/2010 § Leave a comment
Journalists Drive PR Practitioners Crazy When:
1. Keep digging for dirt
- Journalist instead should respect the PR practitioners job and use information provided by the practitioner
2. More informative instead of painting a story
- Instead should do both; paint a story and be informative
3. Ignore press releases
- They are made for a reason and should be used to gather information
4. Can be aggressive
- Instead, they should be respectful
5. Can have many mistakes grammatical and spelling and not be reprimanded for it.
- Instead, should be more cautious of their writing and make sure it is perfect before printing
PR Practitioners Drive Journalists Crazy When:
6. Fill up inbox with unnecessary emails
- instead should make sure that all emails are important
7. Never reachable
- Make sure that people can always get in touch. News never sleeps
8. Use excessive words/language instead of getting to the facts
- Instead, they should paint a story without going overboard
9. Call excessively
- Instead, should be respectful of others and their job.
10. Be on time
- Always be respectful of others and their time.